DAY SCHOOL DATES: Monday 29th June – Friday 24th July 10 – 15 years
We offer at King’s College Murcia the opportunity to participate in this two-week program for all students who wish to develop their skills in computer science and engineering, all in English! This new summer course has focused on those students who show special interest in this area. The most important part of computer science is problem solving, an ability that is also essential for daily life. The students will study design, development and analysis of software and will combine it with engineering projects in which they should show creativity and initiative. As part of these projects, they will also learn the essential and necessary vocabulary to communicate ideas and understand the methods involved in each of them. Our camp takes place at Kings College Murcia located in La Torre Golf Resort. The building is fully operational and the center welcomes students from Pre-Nursery to Year 13. In this way, students progress to complete their final exams with the following access to university. Since its founding in 1969, King’s College has built an excellent reputation for high academic standards and great results with students going to the best universities in Britain, Panama, Spain and many other countries.
Children will have a chance to learn a variety of IT related skills:
– Programming LEGO robots using Ipads to be able to perform tasks like parking, avoiding obstacles, picking and carrying objects, talking, dancing to music
– using software to create objects for 3D printing – all objects will be printed and your child will receive it
– programming microbits – learn how to send messages from one microbit to another, code simple games like: rock paper scissors, compose simple music piece
– learn basics of programming in Python using game approach
– play logic and cooperative board games to boost the brain and enhance social interaction
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND
A daily menu is prepared and served to all the pupils by our own kitchen personnel. The menus are planned in order to ensure a balanced and nutritious diet. A copy of the menu is sent to the parents as part of the brochure you will receive once your application has been confirmed. The pupils will also have a snack provided in the morning. We also ask that you provide us with any details of allergies your child has in the space provided on the application form.
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
Fully qualified native teachers and monitors
Lunch and mid-morning snack
Programme of varied activities
Available bus services to and from the school